If you’re like us and appreciate a good deal, stop by Whole Foods for its $3 Manic Mondays special.
The discount on seven items, in some cases a 50 percent discount, is a pilot project expected to run until at least late August and we’re told it will then be re-evaluated.
Here’s what you’ll find for $3 (products may change over the summer):
- A 6-ounce portion of fresh Atlantic salmon, from Iceland; normally $5.99, a $2.99 savings
- Ground beef from Florida’s Adams Ranch; usually $6.99 a pound, a savings of $3.99 per pound
- Whole watermelon (excludes organic), normally $6.99 each, a $3.99 savings
- A gallon of 365 milk (whole, 2 percent, 1 percent and fat-free; excludes organic), regularly $3.59, a savings of 59 cents
- Boneless chicken breast (family pack), regularly $4.99 per pound, a savings of $1.99 a pound.
- Assorted varieties of Hearth baked breads, normally $4 to $6 each; save $1 to $3 each
- A two-dozen pack of chocolate chip cookies, normally $6 each; a savings of $3 each pack